Thanks, as always, to everyone who entered this month’s giveaway. Based on a random drawing, our February winner is LINDSEYGSANDERS! Lindsey, I’ll be in touch today about getting the necklace to you : ) Don’t forget to tune in for another giveaway next month!
Here we are… in MARCH! The first part of the year can be such a bummer sometimes, and March always feels more promising. Hopefully, by the end of the month, we East coasters will be out of our winter coats for good and starting to enjoy some spring weather! Higher temperatures and sunshine are good for the soul. I might be a little biased, but I happen to think that there’s not much better than that first warm day in New York City when everyone is finally back out exploring their neighborhood and looking forward to the spring and summer ahead.
With the new month, of course, comes my opportunity to check in about my February goals and to look ahead to what I want to accomplish in the next few weeks. First, let’s talk about last month:
- Successfully launch the Bulldog Yoga blog. √ YES! It’s been such a fun process working with this team, and I love watching the blog take shape.
- FINISH my book outline and start the writing process. √ YES! This was touch and go, and to be honest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it happen, but I got in some quality book work while Matt and I were at the Jersey Shore last weekend. I had been pushing myself to complete an outlet for the entire book, but I’ve decided that what’s going to work for now is an outline for the first half, which has given me enough to work with to dig into the first chapter. Lots more to come in March!
Write another piece for Bustle.Not this month! I pitched a story that wasn’t the right fit, but at least I gave it a shot, right?
- Feel strong and healthy in my first month of half marathon training. I can’t decide if I should officially stamp this one with a check mark and a YES. I felt really great during my runs for the first three weeks of the month, but the last week or so has been harder. I’ve been out of my routine because of some weekend traveling and I’ve also been a little under the weather, so my last few workouts have been a struggle. I’m hoping to get some rest and get back on track next week.
Continue pitching to Refinery29.Not this month!
- Break into a new outlet. √ YES! I’ve signed on to do some writing/content strategy work for a bridal designer here in Brooklyn, and in the last week, I’ve had story pitches accepted at two great new sites! I’m going to keep the details quiet for now so I don’t jinx it, but look out for more details in March : )
Read at least 3 books.Ugh, guys. Did you know that Grace and Power is SO long? Well, it is, and it put me off my reading plan for the month. In March, I’m hoping to do some lighter reading. Finish our wedding album!Not yet! It would have been great to complete this by March 1, but it’s also not something I want to rush, so I’m OK with the fact that it’s taking a little longer.
February was tough. I felt every bit of those three missing days of the month, and I didn’t check as many things off my list as I would have liked. The good news is that I was able to meet some of the financial goals I’d set for myself, which feels pretty great.
Looking ahead to March, here’s what I’m hoping for…
- Successfully move forward with the new projects/outlets I mentioned. I want to do quality work and see these stories go live before the end of the month!
- Break into a new outlet. Always, always, always.
- Finish first draft of at least two chapters of the book. Now that my outline is in good shape, I am going to jump into this! Two chapters seems like a totally reasonable goal for March.
- Successfully pitch to Marie Claire, Refinery29, and Bustle. I had such great experiences working with these three outlets over the last few months, and I’d like to land another story in at least one of them soon.
- Finish our wedding album! This is still a top priority.
- Make progress on Project Puppy. After years of discussion, Matt and I are finally starting to take very. small. baby. steps toward getting a dog later this year (!!!!!!!!). I won’t say more, because nothing is definite, but I am cautiously optimistic, and I hope we can continue moving forward in those conversations this month — even if we don’t bring home
myour new furry best friend for a while.
- Read at least 3 books. Yep, still here.
- Curb my sweet tooth. As you all know, the struggle is real for me in this area. I’m going to try to cut back a little!
- Set clear boundaries for “down time.” Something that I found really challenging in February was feeling frantic. As a result, I spent a lot of time trying to simultaneously work while “relaxing,” and it didn’t do me any favors. I want to make more of an effort to designate off hours (when I can!) so I can actually recharge and do better work.
What are your goals for March? I’d love to hear about them in the comments section below!