Guys. GUYS. Where did this day go? I feel like I blinked and it was already over. I usually try to get the blog written and posted by early afternoon at the latest, and here I am, typing this out to all of you simultaneously with cooking dinner. I’m trying to replicate the delicious lunch my friend made me when she spent the day working with me at the apartment on last Tuesday’s snow day, and she’s a pretty major boss in the kitchen, so this multitasking effort could easily bite me in the butt before the evening’s over. The recipe involves fancy things like poaching eggs (me? poach an egg?), so we’re just going to have to wait and see how this project goes. Fingers crossed!
After a crazy day, I’m itching for a little gratitude, so let’s go ahead with a new round of Gratitude Diaries, shall we? (You can check out the last one here!) Here are a few (of many) things I’m appreciating today…
- The mini getaway I took with my mom this weekend. Mom and I both snuck away from our weekends for one night this past Saturday to have a little girls’ night. Originally, we had big plans to fly to Florida or the Carolinas for a late-winter warm weather trip, but this scaled-back version ended up making the most sense logistically for both of us… and it couldn’t have been more perfect. We did some shopping (let me tell you, it feels really good at this point in my freelancing life to finally have some extra spending money to treat myself to new lipstick and a fresh spring coat… and to not have to stress about it!), drank martinis, and saw Beauty and the Beast. It always feel great to have quality time with my fabulous mama.
- Healthy runs! With all of the crazy changes in temperature we were experiencing here in New York over the last few weeks, I’ve been feeling sort of perpetually under the weather. Now that I’m FINALLY feeling consistently better, I’m feeling such a difference in my half marathon training, and it’s making me endlessly happy. Even though I’ve run a few of these races now, every single year I talk myself into a total state of panic that I somehow won’t be able to pull it off again, and since I wasn’t feeling so physically great over the last few weeks, my nerves were totally getting the best of me. I’ve had some much better runs lately, and I’m finally feeling excited about the race!
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Friends, you NEED to watch this show. The pilot is up on Amazon, and Matt and I watched it on Sunday night and both loved it. It’s rare in our house to agree on a television show, so don’t take this recommendation lightly! It’s funny and different and interesting and fresh and… well, I’ll just let you check it out and tell me what you think.
- Springtime. I think I speak for everyone in the Northeast when I say that all of the weird ups and downs with the weather here were getting seriously old. We finally seem to be getting some more predictable temperatures in the last few days, and those temperatures are leaning in the direction of SPRING! I never realize how ready I am for winter to end until it finally ends. Here’s to happy springtime things like bare legs, outdoor meals, and open windows just around the corner!
- Beauty and the Beast. Growing up, Belle was “my” princess, and the animated Beauty and the Beast movie was always my favorite Disney story (which is saying something, since I grew up as a serious Disney girl). I had a good feeling about the live-action remake that came out last week, but it exceeded my expectations! My mom and I had so much fun going to see it, and we both felt like this version did the original justice. I’m really grateful for that little bit of magic in a world that recently feels sad and scary so much of the time. I can’t wait to take Matt with me to see it again — he just needs to see it… and so do you!
What are you feeling grateful for? Please share in the comments below!
***And come back on Thursday because it will be giveaway time! This month’s prize is super cool and something a little different… you’ll definitely want to check it out : )