Hello, friends! I hope you all had wonderful weekends and that you’re now ready to hit the ground running with the start of another week. I’m not a big fan of Halloween myself (I know, I know — unpopular opinion), but I know this is a big, exciting time for a lot of you who love the holiday. I, personally, will be over here quietly snacking on a chocolate bar and kinda sorta waiting for the whole celebration to be over so we can start gearing up for Thanksgiving and all the fun in December. I am who I am!
It’s time to announce the winner of the October giveaway! Can I get a drumroll, please? ….
Congratulations, ANDREA EDMAN! You’re the winner of a $25 gift card to Baublebar. Andrea, I’ll reach out via email with your gift card. I can’t wait to see what you decide to buy : ) As always, thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway! I can’t wait to see you (and, hopefully, all your friends) back here next month for the November contest.
Last week, my writer and blogger friend Alex (of Authentically Alex) nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much, Alex! You’re such an awesome cheerleader for my work and it feels so great to get a little nod for this blog.
So, what is the Liebster Award?
Originating in Germany in 2011, the Liebster Award 2017 is an online award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster translates to sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers that have the potential to grow and become successful influencers within the blogosphere.
All nominees are asked to share ten facts about themselves, as well as the answers to a few interview questions, so here we go!
10 Facts About Me
- I met one of my favorite Instagram dog celebrities in the Delta terminal at JFK earlier this year, and I was actually fangirling. I got to take a picture with her, too, and I look at that picture whenever I’m having a bad day.
- My first concert was Natalie Merchant with my mom and her best friend.
- I make my bed every single day. No matter what. Even if it doesn’t happen until 4 in the afternoon.
- I’m not afraid of heights, but I am terrified of ladders.
- I went to college about two blocks from the White House, and while being in D.C. for four years kind of turned me off of politics for a long time, I’ve become a total news junkie again.
- Cotton candy is my favorite ice cream flavor.
- I can touch my tongue to the tip of my nose. It’s genetic. Thanks, Dad!
- I hate orange juice, but I love mimosas. Explain that one.
- When I was in third grade I wrote a “novel” called Carrie’s Ride Home about a girl who teachers her blind little sister how to ride horses. It had chapters and everything!
- I used to get serious anxiety about talking on the phone. I’ve come a long way, but I still get really nervous every time I have to call a source for a phone interview.
1. What is one place you haven’t been that is on the top of your bucket list?
Thailand! My husband and I are hoping to plan a trip to southeast Asia in the next year or two.
2. What is the most daring experience you’ve ever had? (For example: sky diving)
Two summer ago, I went parasailing with my family at the beach. Logically, I know parasailing is pretty safe, but it felt pretty daring in the moment : )
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
If you’ve been reading this blog for any period of time, you can probably guess this one! I would call the last year of my life my biggest accomplishment. Leaving my traditional 9-to-5 job was a big deal for this rule follower, and I’m really proud of how far I’ve come in the thirteen months since.
4. What’s your biggest fear?
I’ve always been really scared of large birds (turkeys, ostrichs, emus — even chickens!), and when I have nightmares, they’re usually about being in freefall or being chased.
5. What’s a hidden talent you have?
I’m a crazy fast typer.
6. What’s an activity, craft, or sport that you want to learn how to do?
I would love to get better at hand lettering. I have pretty good handwriting, so I think that if I took the time to learn and practice, it could be a great creative outlet.
Meghan — Home Body Soul
Angela — Mrs. K Fit
Brittney — Brittney Lynn
Krista — FoodWaterShoes
Kristina — Simply Kristina
Task for nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions above.
- Nominate five blogs who you believe deserve to receive the award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.