Happy Hump Day, everyone! I know Wednesdays can be a big bummer for a lot of people, but I have verrrrry strong anti-Tuesday feelings, so I usually feel like I’ve beat my weekday nemesis by the time I get to this point. (But also, why do short weeks always feel so. much. miserably. longer than regular weeks? I worked for a few hours on Monday, but Matt’s office was closed for MLK Day, and having the extra day with him around was the best — even if I did have to spend some of it at my desk.)
In any case, we’re quickly nearing the halfway point for the week, so if this one has you drained, it’s almost time to refuel so you can start again and maybe — just maybe! — get yourself out of that constant countdown-to-the-weekend mode. We’ve all been there (I, for one, was most definitely there last week), but it’s not a requirement! There are, in fact, things to live for between Monday and Friday : )
I’ve noticed that we have a few new readers over here, so…
Hi! So happy to meet you!
With a new year and some new followers, it seems like the perfect time for me to reintroduce myself with some random facts (and you can click here for all the basics, too).
1. I hate clutter and love hunting around the apartment for things we can donate or throw away, but I keep every single greeting card, Christmas card, birthday card, thank you card, and random note I receive — even if it’s just scribbled on the back of an envelope or on a Post-It. Honestly, I’ve lost track of all the nooks and crannies I’ve found to stash them in around here.
2. My first “real” job was on the prep line at Cosi at a shopping center in my hometown. It was brand new at the time and no one in the area had heard of Cosi, so it was a very cool gig (at least until I almost got fired on more than one occasion for snacking on craisins from the salad line).
3. I can sing along to the full soundtrack of a lot of classic Broadway shows and movie musicals. Like, a lot of them. Without even missing a word.
4. When I make cookies, it’s mostly so I can snack on the dough. I don’t even really like baked cookies! I know raw dough isn’t good for me, but sometimes I just can’t help myself. It’s the ultimate indulgence.
5. Three episodes in, I’m already pretty sure that the current season of The Bachelor is going to be terrible. I’m happy to discuss this further with anyone who disagrees.
6. I made every last centerpiece and program for our wedding by hand. So if you ever need someone to hot glue thousands of glass beads to Mason jars or to hand stamp and tie ribbons onto 150 pieces of card stock, I’m your girl!
7. I don’t have a single game app on my phone.
8. I hate all things orange-flavored: juice, lollipops, the fruit itself, you name it… but I love me a mimosa. Go figure!
9. The first blog I ever read was Love Taza. I read through the archives start to finish during a nasty sinus infection back in 2012, and immediately fell in love with Naomi’s city lifestyle and love for colorful lipstick (she inspired me to try to wear it myself!). As she’s moved more into the parenting space recently, I’ve become a less diligent follower, but as far as I’m concerned, she can still do no wrong.
10. I’m currently binge watching The Mindy Project and my only regret is that it’s taken me so long to get into it. Any other Mindy fans out there? It’s the best!
Your turn! Feel free to share a random, fun, or simply awesome fact about yourself in the comments below. (As you can tell from my facts, no tidbit is too big or too small!)