If you’ve been following the blog recently, you already know that the start of summer has been a whirlwind for us over here in the Kosik household. We’ve been traveling every weekend for the past six weeks (except for the weekend I ran the Brooklyn Half in May), which has been a little exhausting, to say the least. It’s been hard to catch up on both my work and “life stuff” on the days between trips, and I’m generally feeling like I’m only doing a mediocre job at basically everything. Have you ever been there?
All of that being said, though, I think I’ve been doing a little too much whining here on the blog about all of the travel — and there’s really no reason for it! As much as all of the miles and logistics have me feel a little nutty, making these trips back and forth to see family and spend time with friends has been crazy rewarding. I love having the opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones, and to be part of the many exciting moments happening in their lives this year. When you’re struggling to keep track of the celebrations going on around you, it’s a pretty good problem to have!
In honor of all of this (and to keep my attitude in check, of course), I’ve decided to put together a rapid fire-style edition of Gratitude Diaries for today. Here we go! Lately, I’ve been feeling especially grateful for these little things…
- Summer weather, because even when the humidity gets me down, being in the sunshine makes me the happiest camper.
- Dads everywhere, because we got to celebrate Father’s Day this weekend!
- Welch’s fruit snacks, because there’s never been a better road trip food, and there never will be.
- Metallic gold nail polish, because it makes typing and driving and cooking look a lot better.
- Takeout nights with friends, because when you have people who are willing to crowd into your teeny tiny apartment to eat Thai food on the floor, you know you’re a lucky girl.
- Running, because it feels a lot better after you’ve taken a few weeks off.
- Costume jewelry, because why wouldn’t I treat myself to a colorful ring for $9?
- Classic movies on Netflix, because I love falling asleep to them night after night.
- Sisters, because mine are pretty awesome, and I’m so happy I’ve gotten to spend so much time with them lately.
- Friends who get married and/or buy houses, because they give us all a reason to celebrate BIG!
- Target, because it’s still the only place where I’ll buy a bathing suit — and even though I always spend roughly twice what I planned when I shop there, I’m never mad about it.
- New stacks of magazines, because I always forget how much I love a fresh magazine until I have one in hand.
- Trader Joe’s frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust, because it helped me make a delish (and mostly healthy) dinner in less than 20 minutes the other night.
- Instagram stories, because I think they’re really fun and I’m trying to get better at them.
- Soft black raspberry ice cream with hot fudge and rainbow sprinkles, because it’s one of my favorite things about visiting my hometown in the summer.
- GIVEAWAY DAY, because it’s coming up on Thursday! Don’t forget to come back and check it out!
What are you feeling grateful for? Fill me in with a comment below!